I don't think the komi should be adjusted.

Instead:

Wouldn't random passing by black during the playouts model black making
mistakes much more accurately? The number of random passes should be
adjusted such that the playouts are close to 50/50. Adjusting the komi
would make black play greedily, while random passing during playouts
would make black play safe (rich men don't pick fights).

Tapani Raiko

 Tapani Raiko, <tapani.ra...@tkk.fi>, +358 50 5225750
 http://www.iki.fi/raiko/