There is one crude way to measure goal compatibility.   See if you can make
the same move work with different komi.    If I'm on the east coast of the
US traveling to the west coast,  I will probably start off on the same road
regardless of whether I'm going to Seattle or San Diego.    If the same road
does not work,  then I'm facing a critical decision point.

So it's probably safe to search for a move that works reasonable well with
different komi.     If you cannot do this, you probably have goals that are
not compatible.    But if you find a move that works well when the score is
50-50 (by manipulating the komi) then you should see if it's compatible with
a tougher goal.    This will at least be some evidence that you are looking
at a common sense move and not a move that commits you to the wrong plan.

But if you have a move that returns a really high score with one komi,  but
raising it up just a bit makes it drop to zero,  you are in trouble with
that move.     Try to find a move that may not be quite as good in the first
case, but is much better in the second case.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a simple way to implement this.

Has anyone tried scoring where the total area was folded in to the main
score,  perhaps as much less signifant bits of the score?    This makes
winning big a secondary goal.