Ingo Althöfer wrote:
I am not completely happy with this name.

While I don't mind whether it is called by my KGS or my real name. The term sum-style is more frequent though because more kibitzes have a chance to watch me online than in real world tournaments. IIRC, kibitzes invented the term some years ago.

> "Berlin style"

It is definitely not Berlin style because "not everybody" in Berlin uses it:)

In the sample pages of your book "Joseki - Volume I - Fundamentals"
http://home.snafu.de/jasiek/Joseki_1_Sample.pdf
I found only stuff that looks more less "traditional". Does the book
contain also stuff on sum-style / Jasiek-style / Berlin-style ?

A very few pages are also about my style. But it is not an opening style book. Do not expect to learn the style from the book except for principles about empty corners in the middle game. (I might write some opening books a few years later but before I have a couple of other topics in queue.)

When did you start to play in this style?

I think it must have been autumn 2004, if I disregard the extremely rare earlier experiments. The first real world event where I used the style was probably the EGC 2005.

Playing your style, where should (in Chinese rules) handicap stones
be "properly" placed?

(It is somewhat unclear whether Chinese rules allow free handicap, but KGS-Chinese rules allow them.)

It doesn't really matter, except that a player's playing style supports some placements more than others. However,...

For H2, my greatest winning likelihood I have with placing a stone roughly around 4-5 to 4-7 and in the other roughly around 13-13 to 15-10. I have not found out any single exact intersection combination yet though.

For H3, my greatest winning probability is with the Bermuda Triangle:
http://senseis.xmp.net/?BermudaTriangleHandicapFuseki

Both openings have something in common: They distribute the black stones over the board in a balanced manner while creating options for board division lines and moyo constructors.

Other combinations creating Indirect Connections are also strong, e.g. a keima around tengen - and this had been known decades before me. I may choose wider shapes as well though.

MC programs agree: They also prefer balanced stone distributions or Indirect Connections.

--
robert jasiek