Aldric Giacomoni wrote:
I'm pretty sure Robert's thought pattern when playing openings that way is
a little more than "This intersection will do" and a little less than "This
guarantees me a victory".

Rather my thinking is: "Can I transform the initial position into a middle game position that I understand?" Among all fitting moves, I choose one of those with the - according to my analysis - greatest winning probability.

Robert may be on the same track as Go Seigen

I think that his, my, and Takemiya's approaches to the center have similarities but are not the same. E.g., Takemiya creates similar center shapes but by moving from the edges to the center while I tend to do the opposite much more often.

--
robert jasiek