In message <bea3a7fa-bcaf-49dc-939b-e45667802...@cs.ualberta.ca>, Martin Mueller <mmuel...@cs.ualberta.ca> writes
 You use the current developers version svn985. Use the stable
 version fuego 0.4 instead.
 The performance (winning rate) on KGS of the current svn985 is much
 worse than the 0.4 version as i noticed.

 GK

Hmm, something sounds very wrong here.

a) the current version is 1062, as you can see on
http://fuego.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fuego/trunk/

b) Not sure why you picked 985 especially, but even 985 should be much
stronger than 0.4 on both 9x9 and 19x19. Recent builds are doing quite
well on CGOS:
http://cgos.boardspace.net/9x9/bayes.html
http://cgos.boardspace.net/19x19/bayes.html

c) We have not been running on KGS recently, except for the tournaments
where Fuego did well - winning the 19x19 in November and second behind
Zen in December on 9x9. If someone else is running Fuego on another KGS
account, maybe it uses a slow machine or is not configured right.
http://www.gokgs.com/gameArchives.jsp?user=fuego
http://www.gokgs.com/gameArchives.jsp?user=fuego&year=2009&month=11

Here are what my records show for recent KGS tournaments:

MONTH     STATUS  BOARD  PLACE WINS  OPERATOR              PLATFORM
December  official    9  2/15  9/12   Broderick Anderson   8-core 2.5Ghz
November  official   19  1/9   9/10   Broderick Anderson   8-core 2.5Ghz
October   official   19  7/12  4/8    Broderick Anderson   8-core 2.5Ghz
September unofficial  9  3/12  10/15  Aloril             laptop, 1.73GHz
August    unofficial  9  3/6   8/12   Jacques BasaldĂșa     3.6GHz i7
July      official   19  4/8   5/9    Broderick Anderson   8-core 2.5Ghz

Nick
--
Nick Wedd    n...@maproom.co.uk