Name:  The 3rd GPW Cup 9 x 9 Computer Go Tournament
Date:  13th and 14th November, 2009
Place: Hakone, Japan
Boardsize:     9
Rules: Chinese rules (area scoring)
Komi:  7.0
Ko:    Simple ko
Time:  15 minutes sudden death
Type:  Round robin
Participants:  1 person (Muramatsu) and 10 programs
Countries:     Taiwan (Coldmilk) and Japan

Results:
Rank   Name            Author                          Score*
1      Zen             Yamato                          18
2      Aya             Hiroshi Yamashita               17
3      Coldmilk        S-J. Yen, C-W. Chou (NDHU)      16
4      Muramatsu       Masakazu Muramatsu (UEC)        14
4      nomitan Team nomitan (JAIST)            14
6      PerStone        Satohiro Kadowaki (UEC) 8
7      Rock            Natsuki Iwakawa (UEC)   7
7      Cascades        Tomofumi Otsuki         7
9      leeGO2          Team Kyutech (Kyutech)  4
10     Kasumi          Kazuko Manabe (UEC)             3
11     Katsunari       Shinich Sei                     2

*Win 2, draw 1, lose 0 points for each game.
Katsunari used alpha-beta search and the others used MCTS.

NDHU: National Dong Hwa University (Taiwan)
UEC: The University of Electro-Communications
Kyutech: Kyushu Institute of Technology

Game records (49 of 55):
http://www.gggo.jp/publications/gpw2009/record.zip

Pictures will be available soon.

Random comments:
Zen lost one game with nomitan in round 9.

Aya had a draw with leeGO2 in round 3 due to a wrong komi setting and
lost shared win.

Prof. Muramatsu, a strong amateur player, lost three games with the
top three programs, Zen, Aya and Coldmilk.

Regards,
Hideki
--
g...@nue.ci.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp (Kato)