Thanks for all the replies! It is much appreciated.

Hiroshi Yamashita wrote:
> I think we can guess something from CGOS rating.
> I made a table about CGOS and KGS bot rating.
> At least in 19x19, CGOS and KGS rank is similar.

That is a very interesting table. It is curious that Zen is only 2 ranks
higher on 9x9. However Aya is 4 ranks higher and Fuego [1] is about 2kyu
on KGS, so (if KGS and CGOS 19x19 correspond for it too, then) also 4
ranks higher.

The difference between ManyFaces blitz and slow is also a lovely gem of
information. A quick check shows both accounts are playing a lot of
games, so this should be statistically significant; the ranking charts
are hard to read, but it looks like 1 to 1.5 ranks difference. (Is there
a way on KGS to get the underlying rating number?)

Darren

> CGOS  KGS? CGOS 9x9      CGOS 19x19     KGS rank 19x19
>
> 1800  6k   gnugo3.7.10   gnugo3.7.10    6k GnuGo      (postneo, etc)
> 1900  5k
> 2000  4k
> 2100  3k                 Aya693c_1c     3k AyaMC2     (10k playouts)
> 2200  2k   Aya693a_10k                  2k pachi2
> 2300  1k                 pachi-c919f    1k ManyFaces  (30minutes)
> 2400  1d                 mfgo12-610-2c  1d ManyFaces1 (10sec blitz)
> 2500  2d   Aya693_1c     Zen-4.9-1c     2d Zen19 Zen  (15sec/move)
> 2600  3d   Fuego-1095-1c
> 2700  4d   Zen-4.9-1c
> 2800  5d   Zengg9-4x4c
> 2900  6d
>
> Hiroshi Yamashita

[1]: http://www.gokgs.com/graphPage.jsp?user=Fuego

Specializing in intelligent search (in multiple languages), discovery
of context, aiding communication, and basically helping people find
and make good use of their data.

http://dcook.org/gobet/  (Shodan Go Bet - who will win?)
http://dcook.org/mlsn/ (Multilingual open source semantic network)