Amazon uses deep neural nets in many, many areas.  There is some overlap with
the kind of nets used in AlphaGo.  I passed a link to the paper on to one of
our researchers and he found it very interesting.  DNN works very well when
there is a lot of labelled data to learn from.  It can be useful to examine a
problem area from the point of view: where can I get the most labelled data?

David