I gave some insights based on sociological studies, researched and confirmed facts, and scientific polls, and you offer platitudes, talking points, and untruths. In the passed 12 years, the political middle has been pushed further and further to the right. I live in a part of PA considered to be the Alabama of PA. I know what these people think, they are happy to talk about it, and what they use to shape their reality. Rush Limbaugh is involved. And they don't just think he's funny. They believe what he says, though some won't admit it.

In order to maintain a degree of relative metal health, we all seek to find a reality we can live in. Others are belligerently ignorant, in an effort to hide fear. There has been considerable study of this behavior. If you are curious, check out this book, which can be read online:
http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~altemey/

I'm just touching on some of what can be learned about what is happening to our society and why. This is scary stuff, but it's important.

I suspect that a lot of people don't have the time or inclination to find out if what they hear is true. It is to your credit that you do try. Many people who watch Fox do not know that they are right leaning, sometimes radically so. These people are not stupid. They just don't know any better, for a host of different reasons. Knowing what our country has become, such ignorance is almost unforgivable. At this point polls are showing that most people who choose to watch Fox are right wing ideologues.

In the last few years, even NPR has been penetrated by the right.

Several of the media I mentioned previously are not out to make money. They are subsidized by radical right wing millionaires. They are part of the Republican noise machine.

If you are curious, check out http://www.motherjones.com/news/qa/2004/09/09_400.html