Here, here. Wireless is a pain in many ways.  Btw,  don't use WEP it can
be hacked.

"Rev. Stewart Marshall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: hardwired has a whole lot
less problems involved than Wireless.

Too many things can and do interfere with Wireless.

If I could I would rather do a whole house with prewired outlets in
rooms, than doing wireless.

Also note so that you do not have to get into the case, buy USB
Ethernet adapters.  Plug and play and very useful.

Stewart

(Also the throughput speeds of wired still pretty much outdo wireless)

At 02:19 PM 5/4/2007, you wrote:
> >   The place where I work, a small shop, is moving to broadband from
> >dial-up.  As this new broadband hookup will use the ethernet port
> >previously used to network two computers for point-of-sale purposes...
>
>Most broadband routers include a 4 port hub/switch. Will that suffice?
>
> >   The two POS computers already are hardwired by a CAT5 cable for their
> >networking, and the third computer has never been networked.  With the
> >appropriate hardware, would there be any advantage, other than having
> >to lay some cable to that third computer, to going wireless
>
>Anyone wanting to intercept your financial transactions would consider
>your going wireless a big advantage. They's send you a thank you card
>from the Grand Caymans.

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Prince of Peace