Paula, lose the widgets. Set up a larger swap file for Photoshop. Mine's on a separate drive [it's in the prefs somewhere; in my ps you can select up to 4 swap disks]. Does Camino have a memory leak like other Moz browsers? I use some beta versions just so I can have a debug menu. Can you add more RAM?

Hi, Betty.
I did turn off the widgets. got up this a.m. and OSX had shut down on me again. But, right now...even with my widgets running, the cpu is going up and down between 6% and 25%. The culprit with that, at least, seems to have been Camino. I switched to Safari instead. I don't like it much but will get used to it. I'm maxed on RAM with 2.5 gb. I don't really understand how Mac handles ram tho. It always looks like I'm almost out of it and am using a lot of "virtual" ram....even when I'm not running much.

I don't know what caused it to shut down last night but I did do a screen shot of the report on it. It can be seen here: http:// homepage.mac.com/raven880/FileSharing1.html

I will reboot in safe mode again tonight and see what happens. Last night I was booted up normally tho I had turned off all the widgets and extra programs.

re: my sig line......It's a vain attempt to convince myself I am NOT getting old. I turned 60 on the 23rd and simply refuse to believe I can be THAT OLD!
Paula
IN/USA
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" Have a wonderful day!