IDE is simple. If it is the only one make sure it is set as master.

On the U160/U320 which are SCSI drives.

You have them plugged into their adapters, and I assume they are both properly terminated?

Once you make sure they are terminated, I am not sure how to make the BIOS recognize them but the old way to turn the drive ID to zero in the old BIOS.

You also need to make sure you the proper drivers in the WinXp installation.

Also note you must make sure the SCSI BIOS is booting and recognizing the drives. Make sure you have that set up properly.

I have never set up XP with SCSI drives so I am not sure of what all needs to be done, but the settings in all of the BIOS's need to be set properly.

Stewart