On teachers requiring stuff like this, do you have any kids in High
School?  I have seen this getting a little out of hand.

About 6 years ago my children were required to either rent or
purchase a TI-83 calculator (retailed about $100.00 at that time)  It
was being used in their math class.  I got a TI-84 (I think) an older
version at close out and it was not good enough.  The teacher was
only trained on how to use the 83, so if it was not an 83 it was
useless.

(I since bought a Casio which is very close, plus we did break down
and buy one has lasted 6 years now.) Schools are very close minded on
something and very narrow on requirements.  Hey they can afford to
they are a closed system.

My son had to have a TI calculator for his math and science classes in public school. He also had to buy one for Catholic high school. Students who couldn't afford them either borrowed ones from the schools or purchased them used from older students. Private and public--they're the same, only difference is that troublemakers get kicked out of private schools, and public schools can teach a wider variety of subject matter.

Are there any students who purchased software last year who will sell it?