Guess o' the day: There's another window or process stealing the
cursor. Try closing down all programs before you run setup, especially
your anti-virus. Look around behind that window or someplace for
another requester trying to get attention.

You can try searching/asking at the MS support groups:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx#5

Oh, and I don't think that command line trick will work, but I don't
think it would hurt anything to try. Have to get the path right.