I think the paypal football
<https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/securitycenter/general/PPSecurityKey-outside>
is more likely to catch on as a personal security feature.  You log in
with your account id, password and the random appearing number.
Paypal is a cheap source for these at $5.00 but these are from
verisign and function for any business signed up for the Verisign
service.  There is a good discussion of these on the Security Now
podcast episode 103-<http://www.grc.com/SecurityNow.htm>.

The Security Now podcasts for the perfect password system offer a
system for a rolling password system that prints out onto a business
card sized list of a bunch of passwords that you use sequentially.
This would be good to prevent having a password being swiped because
they are all use once and appear to be random.

On Dec 29, 2007 12:47 PM, Tony B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There are at least two good options in Windows. I own two copies of
> Roboform (http://www.roboform.com) - one for my desktop and one for my
> flash drive. Not only allows you to use maximum strength passwords,
> but allows you to enter your own master password with your mouse (to
> avoid keyloggers that are so common today). The open source (freeware)
> KeePass (http://keepass.info/) is great for storing passwords, and is
> getting better all the time at entering them into web forms.
>
> CAC cards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Access_Card) smack more
> of a national ID card than anything else. I doubt they'll catch on
> soon, unless maybe Bush declares martial law and outlaws elections
> next year.
>

> On Dec 29, 2007 12:15 PM, Judy Cosler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > what is a CAC card??
> >
> > what is good s/w for changing & storing p/w's?

> * New address? From OLD address send: CHANGE COMPUTERGUYS-L YourNewAddress
> * Need more help? Send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> * Messages bearing the header "X-No-Archive: yes" will not be archived

John Duncan Yoyo