I think one of the reasons this recorded message from an 800 number is so
popular is that it is really cheap.

a hundred 800 number lines probably are no more than $3-4000, and all the
equipment is reusable.

hundred lines, is easily 3000 calls an hour.30,000+ calls a day.  million calls
in a month.  i know edwards reported 1.7 mil in donations.  lotta calls.