>Very disheartened I returned it to Circuit City, and have been looking
>ever since for a non HD LCD set of a 19" size that will work and be
>relatively inexpensive.
>I am thinking of getting the Samsung 19" 720P LCD HDTV(~$400), but am
>unsure if it will give good results with a non Highdef signal.

Good question. How good is the display's digital signal processing?
Analogously, in the early days of computer LCDs you had to run your video
at exactly the LCD's resolution. If you tried a different resolution, you
had a blurry mess. Today, even inexpensive computer LCDs are not so bad
when run at the "wrong" resolution.

To see that it can be even more confusing, check out this blog:
www.translation-please.com/column.cfm?columnid=204