most trades in T-bills to the common man  require a very large spread/discount.
 the difference between the buy and sell price for modest quantities(under
100k) cost one close to 1% of interest.  certainly 1/2% interest.  the best
place to lookand buy  for smallest spread i have found is:

http://www.zionsbank.com/zd_bonds_about-guest.jsp

if you plan to buy new treasuries, then the federal givernment is the best deal

http://www.savingsbonds.gov/

you pay no discount to buy.