Yes, but without a good mechanism to report false positives, the best spam
filter in the world isn't very good.  The only way to do this on Gmail is to
plow through the Spam folder.  I get hundreds of spam every day at my
gmail.com address.  It's better when you have periodic reports that you can
check, rather than check the messages themselves.

For instance, I use XWall at my job (http://www.xwall.net/), which has a
partner product called ESATInformer, which generates spam reports that are
emailed to the recipients.  You can see a screenshot here:

http://www.esatinformer.com/Details/esat%20user%20report%20july31.htm

Each spam is weighted by the number of filters that catch it, that's the
number at the far left.  I don't even bother with anything over 3 filters.
It takes me only seconds to scan a report.  I click on the 'R' icon, which
generates a retrieve command, and the ham message is sent to me.

> Does anyone have experience with Postini (now owned by Google)?

You do.  That's what Google is using to filter for Gmail.