Mac users seem measure threats by actual incursions into their OS by
malware/viruses.  Windows and mac users seem to measure security for windows
by reported threats that may or may not appear.  Statistically vista has had
many fewer problems then any other iteration of windows, but if you are
measuring security by sheer number of reported critical updates, vista was
more secure then mac os x.  Real out in the world practice of course
dictates mac os is more secure, then Vista if we are just comparing the
two.

Mike