mike wrote:
Does anyone know why anyone wants to avoid vista on new machines?  What is
the problem?

Mike

I haven't tried Vista yet, but I think one problem might be that some software doesn't work for Vista as it does for XP. I'd like to see a list of software that doesn't work with Vista.

I'm not talking about upgrading to the latest version of software to solve this problem. If one has only a few applications such as commonly found at a worksite, upgrading is not such a problem especially if the work provides the upgrades. But if one has hundreds of applications at home, some of them costing $500 -- $1000 apiece, getting the latest version just to be able to run them on a new OS is a definite problem.