>No, I'll bet the client doesn't want to spend a lot of time/money on
>training for a new system whose "new" features may not be useful in his
>circumstances.

Precisely correct. The reason I am working to keep this client on XP is
exactly the same reason I often suggest people get a Mac: it will make
their work go better. In this case the computer is being used exclusively
for accounting work so the right answer is whatever keeps the existing
system running and the current users productive.

Why is that so tough for some of us to comprehend?