Having everything tied to everything and building components in isolation
are not related or complementary problems (except that they are both bad
ideas and probably even worse in combination).

For you to misconstrue what I wrote to imply that they are related is
disingenuous. You are trying to mislead readers who may not have the
background in software engineering to evaluate this on their own. You are
just spindoctoring the MS party line.

Reviews of W7 from WFBs count for nothing. WFBs and various paid shills
always tell us of the wonderfulness of every piece of crap that issues
from MS. Not a reliable source.

Remember how we were told by WFBs and VPSs that Vista would be extremely
secure? Then when Vista shipped we found Vista-specific malware already
waiting for it. Vista was not found to be any more secure than XP. We
still patch, patch, patch. Last month we even had an emergy patch for RPC
attacks.

We won't really  know about the quality of W7 for several months after it
ships. Your assertion that MS's adoption of bad software engineering
practices is going to make W7 somehow better is pure nonesense.

Your assertion that your early test version of W7 is just peachy is
nonesense too. If MS really added many new features it would not be
working as well as you say at this early stage. On the other hand, if W7
is working as well as you say, it strengthens the suspicion that W7 is
just Vista warmed over.