Two solutions (really three)

1.) Partition it up into 120 GB partitions and have 8 120 and one smaller (maybe you will not get a full 1TB but maybe 960 GB)

2.) Use an overlay program which will allow your computer to see the full drive.

3.) Buy a controller card that will allow you computer (It has it's own bios) to see the full drive.

The most radical fix is get a new motherboard.

Stewart