Tom Piwowar
>>And of course, Herr Doctor himself.  Tom has on many
>>more than one occasion urged list members to dump their
>>ISP provided email and move to the cloud via Gmail or
>>the like.  An idea with which I agree with whole-heartedly.

> A feeble attempt to change the subject. Nothing has been
> posted in opposition to "cloud" computing or even MS's
> attempt to join the parade.

> My issue is solely with MS's tactic of herding its sheeple
> to its web properties by removing popular parts of Windows.

I think Windows 7 is an attempt to get better performance from
peoples computers.  The big problem that Vista had was that it
needed so much computer.  Lot's of systems were sold as Vista
Ready when the only version of Vista that would run was the
most basic version and they didn't expect anyone to actually
use that one.  The modular approach lets people pick and choose
what is actually installed.  How this works should be
interesting to watch.

I understand (listening to Paul Thurrott) that the guy in charge
of Vista development at MS uses a netbook on a daily basis and
expects to use that for Windows 7.  BTW, Paul T. uses a Macbook
Pro w/boot manager for his laptop, he started out using an
Amiga and switched sometime after Windows 3.1(??).

--
Take care  | This clown speaks for himself, his job doesn't
Wayne D.   | supply this, at least not directly