>Lot's of systems were sold as Vista Ready when the only version of Vista
>that would run was the most basic version and they didn't expect anyone to
>actually use that one.

Then there is also the matter of the class action suit against MS over
the "Vista Ready" designation. The complaint alleges fraud in that the
most basic version you mention is hardly Vista.

Sometimes I wonder if MS has an office devoted to cooking up dirty deeds
whose chief's business card reads "Beelzebub."