My question is: can I make the following changes to the registry of Windows XP Home without fear of creating a big problem?

I purchased the latest version of a PC movie maker program (Pinnacle Studio 12) and every time I start the program I receive 5 error messages saying: "The Creative ASIO devices have changed. You may need to restart this program before using Creative ASIO devices."

I googled this message and found the following advice:

======

"This message is reported by the Creative ASIO drivers. The problem appears that the Creative installer does not clean up the entries in the registry when installing new drivers.

"Locate this key in your registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO
You will find a number of entries in here depending on your system. Locate any entry that says Creative or Audigy. You should only have one entry for the Creative soundcard. If you have more than one, you will have to locate the entries for these labeled: CLSID
-Rename one of these to xCLSID
-Start  <your program>
-If you get the error message, then you may have renamed the wrong one. Go back and rename another CLSID, and name the previously renamed CLSID back to its original name. Go through the list until you find the culprit CLSID."

=====

In fact, I found three CLSID entries in the registry. Do I have to reboot after renaming each?