> He just said they should spread it around as I recall.
>
> > And the other part of this is the conservative media myth that Obama
> > said that the government should redistribute wealth. In fact, he has
> > never said any such thing...

No, he didn't say that "they" (by which I assume you mean the Obama
government) would spread it around. The full quote has already been posted,
but what he said was that it's better for everyone when the wealth is spread
around, as opposed to the wealth being concentrated in the hands of a small
number of individuals.

The purpose of our Keynesian progressive tax code is already to "spread the
wealth around", so what he was saying simply reflects what the progressive
income tax already tries to do.