At 08:54 PM 02/03/2009 -0500, Tom Piwowar wrote
---
>I hope so.  I'm about ready to unsub.  The subject of politics is not why I
>joined this list.  I'd rather discuss needlework on here--would anyone mind?

So post something about computers, will you. Whining is prohibited.

I do, when I have a question. I know just enough about computers to recognize a problem, and that's why I'm here! Overall, what I've learned on lists like this is being passed along...

I have started "teaching" computer use at our local senior center. I have a little 4-machine lab and a whole bunch of people who are curious, yet afraid of new technology. One by one they are starting to come in to try their hand at it. I have browsers set to open with Google and 2 people now have Gmail accounts. It's only been 2 weeks, and some of them are becoming fairly confident with the machines. Anyone who wants a bit of more advanced help can ask for it. It's very rewarding to watch them walk out with big smiles on their faces.

Sue