John Emmerling wrote:
When buying a new computer, how can you tell whether it will come with the
Windows installation disk? When I bought a computer from a screwdriver shop, it
had an installation disk, which proved handy.  I also bought an eMachines
computer which didn't have it.  Fortunately the need never arose.

I am looking at product specifications on line without being able to
determine this.  Is this not a concern for most customers?  What keywords
should I
look for?
============

Stewart Marshall replied in part:
If buying from a store, ask to open up one of the boxes to verify the
inclusion of media.  No media no buy!

That is one of the reasons I like Dells.

You get a disk for each thing installed on the system (except stuff you
normally download)

You get a windows disk, Works (if it came or office if you chose that)  The
Power DVD software, one with drivers etc.
============

I thought that when you buy from a screwdriver shop, you're supposed to get a
disk for everything installed on the system (except stuff you normally
download). For example, if the shop doesn't give you Windows, the shop could be
pirating. What gives?

Michael

Michael S. Altus, PhD, ELS
Intensive Care Communications, Inc.(R)