With a situation in which "ordinary" keys are depressed at boot time, the POST
usually reports "Keyboard failure, press F1 to continue" unless you have the
POST or its error messages turned off.  Good reason to leave "everything"
turned on even if the boot process is a bit longer.  (I've never had/used one
of these specialty keyboards with extra functions.)

Fred Holmes