On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 20:26:12 -0400, Tom Piwowar wrote:

>Perhaps you may have been hoodwinked? This shopper was an actress (a real
>one: member of the Screen Actors Guild
><http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12003603>), not a real shopper. We will
>probably never know how much of the dialog was improv vs. scripted. I'm
>sure MS has enrolled Lauren in the Witness Protection Program.

Yeah, and. . .? Nowhere in the commercial do they claim she's not an
actress. I'll bet Mr. Whipple didn't really run a grocery store
(although I'm pretty sure he *did* have a thing for the Charmin).

>If Lauren's experience at the Apple Store was like most, she was probably
>treated very well. The customer service at the Apple Stores is amazing.

Fine. But they still wouldn't sell her what she wanted. A laptop with a
17' monitor for less than $1K

--
   R:\katan