> Marketing people will tell you that having so many variations just
> confuses customers and causes them to postpone purchases. It is the
> same
> problem that has slowed adoption of Linux.

I doubt it's the marketing people saying this, since they came up with that
nonsense to begin with.

That said, I agree that the multiple versions is idiotic and should be
dumped.  2 versions, max:  home and business.

> It makes OS X and Android look all the more appealing.

I'm curious what Android will be like when it finally comes out.  Right now,
it's mostly hype.