Lot's a RR right away and being in the center of the county made KC a fibre trunk center. Also Sprint is from KC. But local hydro... I don't know about that ... all they have is the Missouri river which is used for barge traffic so no dams. Coal fired power plants they DO have.. the railroads deliver the coal....

Sounds like some PR person got carried away ....

db

Tom Piwowar wrote:
Yahoo mentioned closing down Geocities in the near future. 1&1 is in Philly? I lived there for 8 years, and I think some people there speak English.

They moved their data center to Kansas City about a year ago. To their credit they did it with minimal disruption to their clients. KC seems to have lots of fiber due to its being a major RR hub. They claim to be green, powered mostly by local hydro.