Heh. Just spotted another one; seems timely. Remember to take all
these quotes with a grain of salt; these are the truly discontented.

>I'm just about to move to [] from 1and1 (who are awful btw,
>please anyone reading this do not even consider 1and1, even if they
>offer you lifetime hosting for free!!!!!).

But a nearby thread gives them a better take:

>I wouldn't recommend 1and1's hosting, but their domain registration is
>both inexpensive and fully (including EPP auth codes) under control of
>the domain owner which is also reflected in all whois lookups.

Which actually touches on a point I was making earlier. Many people
don't care to have to fool with things like "EPP auth codes" and might
be a lot better off with a different solution other than their own
website.

Oh, btw, some other hosts to avoid that were mentioned (but not nearly
as often as 1and1): Bluehost, Ipower, Streamline.net, ANRHost,
Jumpline, Surfspeedy, Vodahost, IXwebhosting, and oddly, *any* host
outside of the USA.