On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Tony B <ton...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you're confusing the topic by introducing talk of serious
> commercial audio formats. Most people are quite happy with .mp3's.

  The masses have been conditioned to accept lower standards both in
the sonic quality of recorded music as well as in the quality of the
music itself.  Thirty to forty years from now, is anyone really going
to be listening to those "Golden Oldies" from the eary 2000's?
Britney anyone?  The best of Jessica Simpson?  Anyone from American
Idol?

 Steve