Matthew,
No clearances, but do know of a back door to get one.
Community College sounds like a good idea.
Open Source - would Mozilla be one of those using Java?

Mike

Matthew Taylor wrote:
Probably the best way is to just buy a book and start coding. As to what to code you could look around for an open source project to join. Parallel to this a class at the local community college will help credential you.

Do you already have a clearance?

Matthew