That explains a lot.

So the ethernet comes in straight from their box, and the Actiontec is simply a wireless router.

Stewart

At 06:35 PM 5/23/2009, you wrote:
On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Rev. Stewart Marshall <
popoz...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> OK first of all if it is COAX it is not DSL it is cable service.  (I looked
> it up this is a FIOS modem router.)
>
> The airport should probably be disconnected and solely let the wireless
> MacBook be looking only for the DSL wireless base station.
>
> Another scenario is to hook the Airport into the router (one of the L:AN
> ports) and try connecting your mothers MacBook to the Airport and not the
> Actiontec.

They use the Actiontec to feed the the TV boxes through the COAX on my  FIOS
setup.   The network comes in on an ethernet cable from the outside FIOS box
to the Actiontec router/modem.

--
John Duncan Yoyo

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall