Quoting Paul Cannon <pecan...@bellatlantic.net>:

MSI Wind Nettop 100 Intel 945GC 1 x 200Pin Intel GMA 950 Black Mini / Booksize Barebone System

[. . .]

so for around 300$ can get a dual core Linux system to tinker with.
I already have a monitor and keyboard/mouse so I won't have to buy those.

Granted, I won't be doing any graphic editing or heavy graphical game playing on it.
Otherwise, I think I might order this setup and try Fedora 11 on it.

And there a number of sites that will show you how to run OSX on it. Y'know, if you want to.