On Jun 9, 2009, at 10:59 PM, phartz...@gmail.com wrote:
I also have noted in those MS ads that the buyers are making their
decisions solely predicated upon two factors: The cheaper cost and the
advice of Best Buy salespersons.  Would anyone on this list rely upon
those two criteria when making their computer purchasing decisions?
Most likely not because we are probably a lot more savvy that the
folks depicted in those ads.  I think we all know to whom those ads
are targeted.

I would not use a term like "savvy" to describe our WFBs. Their loyalties are more like to a political party. They never see anything wrong with anything M$ shoves out. All their software -- even Vista -- is double plus good. They love the Zune and those crummy WINCE phones. I was recently derided by them for listing some sour OS releases from Apple. In their world there is never such a thing. Everything M$ does and sells is only to be praised. That is hardly the definition of "savvy." If one of them told me the time of day, I would check my watch.