Oh, really, Mike!  Let's see.  Mac OS 9 was discontinued in the late
1990's.  M$ was selling Windows 98 and ME.  So show me the 98-to-W7
upgrade or cut the WFB BS that twists the reality most list members
know.

Both venders made their upgrade versus compatibility decisions (good and
bad).  I personally think M$ stuck with DOS so long it ruined any
chances Windows may have once had, then they almost got XP'd to 2001.
The largest OS 9 to OS X issue Apple hasn't addressed yet (for me) is
the FTFF thing.

Thank you,

Mark Snyder