You might be surprised.

I have programs that were written for old OS (DOS/w95-98) that still run well within XP. I have had programs written for XP that did not run well.

It all depends on the programmers.

I would assume (And it sounds pretty good) that most Vista folks will have a pretty seamless upgrade to 7.

The biggest thing I expect if I do upgrade to 7 is finding new drivers for stuff.

Sometimes the extra programs on Printer Driver Disks, and Program disks (when you get those) can be the most enjoyable programs ever.

I still remember some of the early Windows games that came out on floppies. Kind of neat.

I have aversion of MS Golf 2 sitting on my desk for reinstall (when my new CDrom arrives) and I always enjoyed it. The best game of golf I ever played!!! I cold actually make par.

Stewart