On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Tony B <ton...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps he's got his own networking set up to manually use a DNS?
> Normally, machines get the DNS addys from the DHCP server - the
> (wireless) router, or modem.
>
> Maybe have him try flushing his cache and try again:
> http://www.itechtalk.com/thread4550.html
>
> Rather than try to go through a complete checklist here, maybe have
> him try using OpenDNS (free). They have lots of instructions on their
> website. http://www.opendns.com/

I'm having a similar problem with my work laptop and FIOS.

I hooked the laptop to the router through an Ethernet cable.  It appears on
the Verizon router.  I switched both the router and the laptop to OPENDNS
and still no dice.  I tried to set up a new network connection and that
didn't work either.

--
John Duncan Yoyo