> I was taught many years ago, that the more doctors you have in a
> region the higher the prices.  Doctors do not compete, they judge one
> another on the amount they make.  So if one doctor raises prices, all
> of them will to stay even.
>
> Could you imagine what would happen if Doctors advertised and
> actually competed?  Come see Dr. X we only charge XX for a regular
> visit.  We also offer a money back guarantee!!

The Lasik and laser eye surgery market is very competitive and you know the
prices going in.  They advertise heavily and compete with one another.  Word
of mouth referrals carry a great deal of weight.

I personally know several people who have had these procedures done and all
were very happy with the price and the results.