No, I've never seen the name as derogatory. Most 'clouds' are good, aren't they?

Down south "storm clouds" are not a good omen and often portend very bad weather.

Especially green clouds that warn us to take cover from tornadoes!

Most clouds around here are not so good, especially since we've had floods, mold, and cloudy days most of the summer that have been hurting local farmers whose crops aren't growing as quickly as usual. Good clouds are the ones that end droughts without causing floods, then blow away to let the sun shine through to the ground.