You should be certain that the problem isn't with Comcast. I've heard
they are switching more and more analog channels to digital thus
requiring the use of their rented cable converters or cable cards.
Just a thought.

YMMV

--
Quotation, n: The act of repeating erroneously the words of another.
 - Ambrose Bierce