Quoting tjpa <t...@tjpa.com>:

On Dec 10, 2009, at 2:47 PM, mike wrote:
Those building homes need better tools than someone putting together a few
pieces of wood.  Interestingly, when I have a friend of mine over who is a
professional carpenter, he doesn't make fun  of me because of the saw I
use.  He knows I don't do it for a living, I don't need the level of tool he
does for his job.  Would that computer users would behave the same way.

But I bet he quietly worries about you. A non-professional using a
poorly-made saw is much more likely to injure themselves than if they
were using a well-made saw. The work they produce is also going to be
of poorer quality. A non-professional should really be more sensitive
to quality than a pro.

So, Mike should go out and spend thousands of dollars on a cabinet grade table saw so he can knock together a little bird house to hang from the tree in his back yard?