I live in seattle and have had Tmobile for a number of years. It used to have spotty coverage in certain areas 5 years ago but now it seems fine to me and as you say I like their phones and especially their customer service and now ESPECIALLY their rates. ($49 / mo + tax for unlimited minutes) Verizon CS was SO BAD when I was with them... and their service SO expensive.

db

mike wrote:
I'm not sure 'proactive' has the same meaning to you as it does me.  It
surely doesn't have any meaning to AT&T.

So when you are out of range of Tmobile, you pay nothing extra and get 3g
connectivity?  Tmobile and AT&T together have a smaller 3g footprint than
Verizon or Sprint on their own.  Take a look at the carriers own coverage
maps..Tmobile and AT&T are the worst for coverage, they aren't even in the
same ballpark.  Now all this is relative, when I had Tmobile I *knew* they
had HORRID coverage but I liked the phone I got and I liked their customer
service.  I also wasn't traveling much so the incredibly bad coverage didn't
matter.    GSM phones can be used overseas and can be handy if you travel a
lot.  I'll stick to the discussion regarding coverage in the country where I
live the bulk of my time.   You argue in one case for a tech that can travel
the world and get connectivity, but on the other hand the two worst for
coverage here.  So I suppose the question is, which do you care about?