Quoting tjpa <t...@tjpa.com>:

On Dec 16, 2009, at 5:17 PM, Reid Katan wrote:
I know I'm biased by knowing already, but my guess would be to click the "Start" button. Sure, it seems odd to push the "Start" button to shut down, but if you want to start doing something. . .

Okay, I pressed Start. A whole bunch of stuff suddenly appeared on the
screen. I see nothing that says "Help." What am I supposed to do?

Uhh. Mkay, if you can't figure out where to go from there, perhaps you should not be using a computer. How about clicking on the word "Help"?

Frankly, I don't see how a noob is going to make the connection in OSX to click on an oval shaped white spot at the top right of the Finder window and type "help" into that.

If someone is that clueless about computers they really should get some assistance. It would be an interesting exercise to put some 100% no nothing (about computers) people in front of a few computer systems and see how they make out with no help whatsoever.