Yes "want" is involved but in a society where you are disadvantaged and uncool
etc to not compute, it's not the determining factor.

We can afford to pay for the oil or tire but few can afford to pay for a driver.

Most of my friends when I was in high school could change oil or change a tire in their cars. I can. We also did valve jobs ourselves for the fun of it [well almost], and repair motorcycles. Anyone who is capable of doing an oil change and car repair is smart enough to learn how to use a computer--if they want to do it. If they say they can't, it's a mental block, not lack of ability.

Conversely, if you can use a computer, you can learn how to work on your car. You have to want to learn how to use the computer instead of thinking about how difficult it is [it isn't] and how you can't learn [you can]. Just do it!!!